How To Contact Us & FAQ's

Making New Enquiry?

Check Out the FAQ's below. Then please use the Chat Bubble in the bottom right of your screen or call 0121 314 7075

Following up on an existing


For a quick, easy response, please use the Chat Bubble in the bottom right of your screen

Anger Management Courses?

For a quick, easy response, please use the Chat Bubble or book via the link below

Placements, Jobs & Volunteering?

We currently

have no vacancies. Placement Counsellor Vacancies Recruitment Starts June 2024

FAQ's Frequently Asked Questions

How do I refer myself or someone else for Counselling?

We provide one-to-one, couples and counselling groups.

If you live in Birmingham, you can access many of our services for free by calling the Living Well Consortium on 0121 663 1217 and ask to be referred to citizen coaching and Counselling. They will take your details and arrange a triage appointment for you.

We also provide Private Counselling. at £45- £60 a session. To find out more about this option email

FAQ image

How do I follow up on a referral already made to Citizen?

If you have already been referred to us or are acting on behalf of someone referred to us, the quickest route is to send us a message using the chat function at the bottom of the page. Please include the name of the person you are enquiring about and their date of birth in the message field. We will need an email and mobile number to give you the quickest response- usually within a couple of hours once we have looked into the case.

FAQ image

Do you provide placements to trainee Counsellors and Psychotherapists?

We take placement students studying on a course at Newman University, Birmingham City University and Leeds Beckett University. We also consider placement students from other sources. We recruit every June for a September start. We will next be recruiting in June 2024. Supported by Community Fund.

FAQ image

Do you provide certificates following an Anger Management Course?

If you complete one of our one-day anger management intensive courses, you will receive a letter of evidence and participation at the end of the day. Participating in the course during the day is essential to receive the certificate. People often use the letter to provide as evidence to courts and regulatory authorities to prove attendance. This course does not satisfy the requirements of a domestic abuse course instruction.

We also provide an online self guided course that teaches the principles of our anger management course but doesn't not come with a certificate.

FAQ image

Can you prescribe medication, diagnose my condition or write letters in support of benefit claims?

Counsellors cannot prescribe medication, nor can they provide a diagnosis of any condition.

We can confirm your attendance and reason for attending counselling in a letter but we can't complete forms such as PIP and Universal Credit applications. Your counsellor can't attend meetings at your school , work or court.

FAQ image

How do I cancel or rearrange an appointment?

If you need to cancel or re-arrange an appointment, please do this at least 24 hours before. Please contact the counsellor directly on the email or mobile number they have provided you. There is a detailed section about this in your client booklet and contract.

FAQ image

Who can I call regarding Mental Health Crisis Support?

Citizen Coaching and Counselling isn't a Crisis Service so your counsellor is unlikely to have contact with you outside of your planned sessions.

In Birmingham the Crisis Numbers are;

For those under 25 years- FTB Crisis number on 0300 300 0099

For those Over 25 years old- Crisis number on 0800 915 9292

However, if you are in a life threatening situation call 999.

Other Services that can help

The Children’s Advice and Support Services (CASS) 0121 303 1888 (Mon- Fri 9am-5pm) or out of hours in an emergency 0121 675 4806  

Birmingham City Council Adult Social Services 0121 303 1234 (Mon- Fri 9am-5pm) or out of hours in an emergency 0121 675 4806   Samaritans [18+] (free number) 116 123 / 08457 90 90 90 / 0121 6666644  

Childline [Under 19] (free number) 0800 1111  

PAPYRUS Hopeline (suicide prevention for under 35s) 0800 068 41 41 or text number 07860 039967 9am- midnight everyday  

SHOUT free 24/7 text service. Text ‘SHOUT’ to 85258  

GROUNDED Community Well-Being Café 11 Bournbrook Road, Selly Oak. Birmingham B29 7BL Monday to Friday 08:30-15:30 0121 663 6430 Friendly community café with well-being and therapy spaces, close to Birmingham University.      

Talking Space [Safe place out of hours to come and chat with intervention workers] Open to anyone 18+ 5pm- 11pm   Appointment only T: 0121 262 3555 E:

Two locations:

Beechcroft Rear of 501 Slade Road Erdington Birmingham B23 7JG

Creative Support 888 Bristol Road South Northfield Birmingham B31 2NS

FAQ image

Do you have a Face to Face Appointment?

Here's How to Find Us

Citizen Coaching and Counselling. 205 Zellig Building, Gibb Street, Birmingham B9 4AT

If you have a face-to-face appointment, meet your counsellor in the reception area of the Zellig Building (the big red brick building on the main road in front of the Custard Factory.)

Arriving by car? There is a pay and display car park directly next to our building.

205 Gibb St, Deritend, Birmingham B9 4AA, UK